Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Tuesday!
















I came home from a long day at work and not really feeling like cooking dinner. Opened the freezer and pulled out some frozen turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and hush puppies. Next I heated up the deep fryer for the fries and pupps. I got the burgers frying up with some spices and put a lid on the pan to hurry the process along. Chris and Amber were hungry! Chris wanted quesadillas so I looked to see if I had the ingredients.  I found some flour tortillas, cheese and butter. I wanted to add that something extra so I defrosted a small bag of frozen shrimp and chopped them up. I buttered the tortillas, placed one in a hot pan with a layer of cheese and shrimp, then another buttered tortilla. Don't forget the spices! Fried it up nice and crispy then flipped it. I cut them into quarters and served them with some salsa, YUM! Turkey burger with cheese on a pretzel roll. A delicious dinner and not too much work. The good thing is I cooked so the kids get to clean the kitchen….YAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment